Maynard Aquatic Center
Monday - Friday
6 a.m. - 10:45 a.m.
3:30 p.m. - 7 p.m.
Saturday (beginning Nov. 7)
12 p.m. - 3:45 p.m.
Maynard Aquatic Center update for November - Expanded Use and Hours
Maynard Aquatic Center will expand swim opportunities beginning November 2nd. The following modifications conform to guidance from the Center for Disease Control, NC Department of Health and Human Services, and American Red Cross. Operations are subject to change based on public health data, trends, and staffing.Adult Lap Swim, Water Walking and Independent Deep Water Exercise continues with modified lane use and added Saturday hours:
- Available Monday through Friday at 6am, 7:15am, 8:30am, 9:45am, 3:30pm, 4:45pm, 6pm with modified lane use.
- Available Saturday at 12pm, 1:15pm, 2:45pm with limited slots during Family Group Swim.
- All times by reservation only. One lane per person.
- Patrons must be 18+ years of age or be a competitive swimmer 16+ years of age.
- Lane 6/6.5 is now available as a Double Occupancy Lap Lane during most swim times.
- May be reserved by Adult/Child or 2 Adults comfortable sharing space while swimming laps. Both must pay entry fee.
- Must be able to swim consecutive laps in water 5 feet deep.
- Swimmers must split between Lane 6 and 6.5 to maintain proper distancing from other swimmers.
- Not available during Shallow Water Exercise class on T/Th at 6:00 p.m.
- Can be reserved by an individual for lap swim if all other lap lanes are booked.
- Maynard Aquatic Center will be open Saturdays 12:00-3:45 p.m. by reservation only.
- Available on Saturdays from 1:15-2:15 p.m. and 2:45-3:45 p.m. by reservation only.
- Group maximum 8 people.
- Must have at least 1 adult (18 years & up) in the group, with 1 adult per 4 people required.
- Ages 5 years & under must have an adult with them in the water within arm's reach at all times.
- Swim diapers required for children not yet potty trained. Disposable/cloth diapers not allowed.
- No equipment available. May bring Coast Guard approved safety vest. No inflatables.
- No food allowed.
- Must remain in the shallow recreational area. No diving board use.
- Available on T/Th evenings from 6-6:50 p.m. by reservation only.
- Class maximum is 9 participants.
- Pay per visit. Class punch cards and MAC Annual Memberships accepted.
- No equipment provided. May bring own.
- Participants must exit pool at end of class time.
Covid-19 Safety Guidelines:
- Do not enter if you have a cough, fever or any other symptom of illness.
- Patrons who arrive early should wait in their vehicle until their session begins.
- Participants 18 & over must sign a COVID-19 waiver before using the facility.
- Face coverings ARE REQUIRED at all times, except while in the water. Maintain at least 6 ft distance from others.
- Family Groups must enter all together at one time and pay in one transaction.
- Arrive swim-ready (already in swimsuit) and bring a personal water bottle and towel. Water fountain not available.
- Minimize time in locker rooms. Locker room showers and lockers are not available.
- Rinsing in the deck shower IS REQUIRED before entering pool.
- Please observe the clockwise, one-way traffic flow on deck.
- Exit facility immediately after reservation ends to allow time for cleaning disinfecting and sanitizing between sessions.
- No equipment provided. May bring own exercise equip or Coast Guard approved safety vests. No inflatables.
- Each lane has chair to hold personal items.
- Only one person per lane. DOL swimmers split between Lane 6 and 6.5.
- No spectators except those who are part of Family Group Swim or the DOL lap lane reservation. Must pay entry fee and use chair provided.
How to Reserve online:
- You can reserve a spot up to 24 hours in advance. Pay upon arrival.
- Sessions are grouped together by days, times and activities. Make sure you are signing up for not only the time you would like to come but also the activity you plan to do.
- You are limited to one activity session per day.
- Be sure to click "Confirm Booking" after you’ve booked to save your spot!
- Note that unless you have a current annual membership or a punch card, you must pay the daily attendance fee upon arrival. Credit cards are highly encouraged.
- Every patron will need to make his/her own account. Joint accounts are not available.
- Due to modified hours, spots are limited. If you are unable to keep your reservation, please be courteous and cancel so someone else may use that time slot.
- To Cancel: Go to your profile (upper right-hand corner of the website) and select the registration that you wish to cancel. Click on "Details" and scroll to the bottom. Click on "Cancel Booking".
important user tips, information and reminders
ABOUT THE MAC
- Hourly lifeguard rates begin at $10.50
- Many shifts are available between 5:30 am and 8 pm, seven days a week
- The City is providing FREE Lifeguard training for applicants 16 years and up interested in becoming a lifeguard for the City. Click here for more information.
- Come join our team!
|Resident & Non-Resident|
|Ages 2-15 & 55+||$3.50|
|3 Month Membership|
|Ages 2-15 & 55+||$55.00|
|All Inclusive Annual Pass **All Ages**||$160.00|
|Additional Members - Same Household||$25.00 Each|
|Water Aerobics Punch Pass|
|Private Pool Parties (2 hours)|
|Public Pool Parties (2 hours)|
|Table Reservation (8 people)||$20.00||$25.00|
|Participant Entry (per person)||$3.00||$4.50|
due to swim meets, the mac will close at 4pm on the following days:
No swim meets are currently on the schedule.