Bulk trash is picked up free of charge to all Burlington residents all year round as of January 2021.
For questions or concerns please call 336-222-5111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bulk trash includes items such as furniture, mattresses, rolled carpet/padding, appliances, metals, bulk limbs, and yards waste.
- Bulk trash/limbs are collected on a convenience schedule (not guaranteed same-day pickup) Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday by specially equipped vehicles. Place these items at the curb by 7am on your trash collection day.
- Banned Landfill items WILL NOT be picked up. Abandoned Banned Landfill Items left at the curb may be collected and a $15 fee will be charged.
- Banned Landfill Items include:
- Scrap Tires
- E-Waste(Computer Equipment, Televisions, etc)
- Wooden Pallets
- Hazardous/Liquid Waste
- Used Oil/ Used Oil Filters/ Antifreeze
- Lead Acid Batteries
- Fluorescent Lights/ Mercury Thermostats
- Beverage Containers from ABC permit holders
- Regulated Medical Waste
- Oyster Shells
- The following items WILL NOT be picked up:
- Items that are too large to fit into the collection vehicle
- Building materials and lumber in excess of two 32-gallon containers
- Logs and stumps
- Closed containers (such as oil drums)
- Automobile parts
- Banned Landfill Items
- Bulk trash WILL NOT be collected from businesses or institutions.
- Trash must be separated by content (metals/brush/other trash), and may involve multiple pickups.