Request a Commemorative Document

How can you request a commemorative document from the City?

The Mayor and City Council often receive requests from citizens for City Proclamations, Letters of Congratulations and various other commemorative City documents by which to honor individuals, organizations, or events. By completing and submitting the City of Burlington Commemorative Document Request Form, city officials can provide these documents for citizens in a more accurate, meaningful, and efficient manner.

Clink this link below to access the form then submit by email, mail, scan, or fax. 

City of Burlington Commemorative Document Request Form

Requests for commemorative documents will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis and submission of the request form does not guarantee issuance of the requested document. Commemorative documents issued are not legally binding documents and do not constitute an endorsement of any individual, organization, or event by the City of the Mayor. Special arrangements must be made through the City Clerk (222-5020) for requests for presentation of the document at a City Council meeting.

You may want to provide suggested text for your requested document. Feel free to examine the format of some of our standard commemorative documents and use them to create a sample document to submit with the request form.

Examples of Common Commemorative Documents: