Maynard Aquatic Center
Burlington, NC 27215
Reservations are currently required for use of all City of Burlington Aquatic facilities. Schedules subject to change.
See below for activity reservation information. No cost to reserve - pay upon entry. See entry fees below.
Face masks required except while in the water. Please observe social distancing and minimize time in locker rooms.
During the summer season, the side panels enclosing the pool area are removed, and the pool converts to an outdoor facility with a roof to shield swimmers from the sun.
Water Heater Installation Completed!
The installation of the new water heater has been completed. Reminder that swim reservations are required and are now made through CivicRec (see link below). With the curtain walls up for the winter, tighter Covid restrictions now apply (see Covid-19 Procedures below).
Swim Reservations move to CivicRec!
Our online reservation system has moved to CivicRec. The CivicRec catalog provides online registration for all activities, classes, leagues and facility rentals offered by Burlington Recreation & Parks - all in one convenient location and easily accessible from any web-connected smartphone or computer.
New users will need to first create and account in CivicRec. Patrons with BRP membership fobs already have an account linked to their email address. * Do not create a new account if you have forgotten your password or login. From the login page you can request a password reset or call 336.222.5030 or 336.222.5043 for help.
How To Make a Swim Reservation in CivicRec
Once your account has been created, choose the MAC Swim Reservation tab from the catalog and then the swim activity desired. Select the day/time/date that you wish to book. Select the account members attending and "Add to Cart". Close the cart to add additional activities. Select "Checkout". Confirm waivers, then Confirm transaction. You will be able to view your reservations from your account dashboard.
To Cancel a reservation, call 336.222.5043.
If you wish to bring a friend to Reservation Rumble Family Swim, an adult (18+) from that person's household will need to establish their own account, make their own reservations and sign associated waivers for those who will be attending from their household. DO NOT ADD ANYONE OUTSIDE YOUR HOUSEHOLD TO YOUR ACCOUNT!
Lap Swim, Water Walk and Independent Deep-Water Exercise (limited availabillity at some times)
|Monday - Friday||Saturday|
|6-7 am||11-12:45 pm|
|7-8 am||1-2:45 pm|
|8-9 am||3-4:45 pm|
|9-10 am||5-6:45 (ends 9/4)|
Reservation Rumble (Shallow or Deep)
Reservation Rumble (Shallow):1.5-3.5 ft water depth, includes the use of the shallow end and the Frog slide.
Reservation Rumble (Deep): 4.5-10 ft water depth, includes use of Lanes 5 and 6 (without lane lines) and the Diving board. All participants must pass deep water swim test.
Each person attending must have a reservation. Limit of one Reservation Rumble reservation per person/ per day. Must remain in the area reserved - no switching between shallow and deep. Cannot reserve both areas.
- Children 15 yrs. & under must be accompanied in the facility by an Adult (18+). All must have a reservation.
- At least 1 adult (18+) per 3 children required. (1 adult per 2 children 5 yrs. and under)
- Ages 5 & under (and any child wearing safety vest) must have an adult with them in the water within arm's reach. Safety vests allowed in shallow water only.
- Proper swimsuit required. No street clothes (shorts, denim, undergarmets). No cotton.
- Swim diapers required for children not yet potty trained. Disposable/cloth diapers not allowed.
- May bring Coast Guard approved safety vest. No inflatables.
- Must shower on deck before entering pool.
- No food. No glass allowed. Concessions not available.
- See all Pool Rules.
|Shallow Water Class||Deep Water Class|
|Mon 9:10-10 am||Tue 9:10-10 am|
|Wed 9:10-10 am||Thu 9:10-10 am|
|Tue 6:10-7 pm|
|Thu 6:10-7 pm|
General Reservation Information
- Reservations can be made up to 7 days in advance.
- Pay upon arrival. Card payments rather than cash encouraged.
- Cancel by calling 336.222.5043 if unable to use reservation.
- After 15 minutes without check-in, “no-show” reservations will be internally cancelled and opened to others. Call us if you are running late (336.222.5043).
- Maynard Aquatic Center closes for thunder or lightning. No refunds/rainchecks for weather. Consider cancelling if severe weather is likely.
- For information on scheduling a Public Party Rental at the Maynard Aquatic Center, see https://www.burlingtonnc.gov/2092/Facility-Rentals
- Do not enter if you have a cough, fever or any other symptom of illness.
- Face coverings required except while in the water.
- Patrons who arrive early must wait outside entrance.
- Participants 18 & over must sign a COVID-19 waiver before using the facility.
- Locker room showers not available. Rinse in deck shower before swim.
- One-way traffic pattern on deck.
- Use only the area you have reserved.
- No food allowed. Water fountain not available - bring water bottle.
- Minimize time in locker rooms.
- Please exit the facility within 10 minutes of your session’s end.
- No spectators without reservation and entry fee.
|Resident & Non-Resident|
|Ages 2-15 & 55+||$3.50|
|3 Month Membership|
|Additional Members - Same Household||$20.00 Each|
|All Inclusive Annual Pass **All Ages**||$160.00|
|Additional Members - Same Household||$25.00 Each|
|Water Exercise Pass|