Maynard Aquatic Center
Dec 1, 2023 - Engineering Report Prompts City of Burlington to Expedite Renovation of Pool Enclosure at Maynard Aquatic Center
The MAC pool will be closed for an undetermined amount of time to investigate structural concerns. Media Release.
1402 Overbrook Road
Burlington, NC 27215
(336) 222-5043 | Directions
The Maynard Aquatic Center (MAC) is a year-round facility featuring a large, heated pool with both recreational and competition areas. A walk-in ramp provides easy access, and a frog slide offers lots of kiddie fun. During the summer season, the side panels enclosing the pool area are removed, and the pool converts to an outdoor facility with a roof to shield swimmers from the sun.
Learn More About
- Schedule and Reservations & Reservation Policies*
- Lap Swim, Water Walk, H2O Run, Independent Deep-Water Exercise
- Reservation Rumble Family Swim
- Water Exercise Classes
- Swim Lessons
- Aquatic Fees & Passes
- Facility Rentals
*Reservations are highly recommended for use of all City of Burlington aquatic facilities.
**Schedules are subject to change.
Schedule and Reservations
Swims begin and end on the hour (1.5 hr. for Reservation Rumble). We anticipate all sessions to fill to capacity. Reservations are highly recommended to guarantee a spot. Drop-ins will be accommodated if space allows. Schedule subject to change- see Swim Reservations for the most accurate availability.
Swim Reservations (No cost to reserve. Pay at check-in.)
New users will need to create an account in CivicRec to make a reservation. Choose the "Log In/Create Account" button. Current users can log in using their email and password. If you have forgotten your password or login, you can request a password reset from the login page or call (336) 222-5043 for help.
How to Make a Swim Reservation on CivicRec
- Log into CivicRec with email and password.
- Choose "Swim Reservations" tab from the catalog, then the swim activity desired.
- Select the day/time/date that you wish to book.
- Select the account members attending and "Add to Cart".
- Close the cart to add additional activities to cart.
- Select "Checkout". Confirm waivers, then transaction.
- You can view your reservations from your account dashboard.
- DO NOT ADD ANYONE OUTSIDE YOUR HOUSEHOLD TO YOUR ACCOUNT!
- Reservations can be made up to 7 days in advance. No cost to reserve.
- Each person must be registered and remain in the area reserved.
- Pay upon arrival. Card payments preferred.
- To cancel, call (336) 222-5043 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- After 15 minutes without check-in, “no-show” reservations will be internally canceled and opened to others. Call us if you are running late (336) 222-5043.
- Maynard Aquatic Center closes for thunder or lightning. No refunds/rainchecks for weather. Consider canceling if severe weather is likely.
- Learn here about Party Rentals.
Lap Swim, Water Walk, H2O Run & Independent Deep-Water Exercise (IDWX)
- Lane availability varies. See Swim Reservations for available times.
- One lane per person unless specified as a shared lane reservation.
- Children 15 yrs. & under must be accompanied in facility by an Adult 18+ yrs.
- Lap lane users must be able to swim consecutive laps in water 5 feet deep.
Reservation Rumble Family Swim (RR)
Shallow End (1.5-3.5 ft water depth) with ramp and frog slide.
Deep Well (up to 10 ft.) All users must pass the deep-water swim test.
Each person must be registered. If you wish to bring a friend to Reservation Rumble Family Swim, an adult (18+) from that person's household will need to establish their own account, make their own reservations and sign associated waivers for those who will be attending from their household. DO NOT ADD ANYONE OUTSIDE YOUR HOUSEHOLD TO YOUR ACCOUNT!
- Children 15 yrs. & under must be accompanied in the facility by an adult (18+).
- At least 1 adult (18+) per 3 children is required. (1 adult per 2 children if any are 5 yrs. and under)
- Ages 5 & under (and anyone wearing a safety vest) must have an adult with them in the water within arm's reach. Safety vests are allowed in shallow water only.
- Proper swimsuit required. No street clothes (shorts, denim, undergarments). No cotton.
- Swim diapers are required for children not yet potty-trained. Disposable/cloth diapers not allowed.
- May bring Coast Guard-approved safety vest. No inflatables.
- No glass allowed.
- See all Pool Rules.