Maynard Aquatic Center
Maynard Aquatic Center will close for repairs and renovation on September 10
Maynard Aquatic Center (the MAC) is due for some major repairs and ADA upgrades. The facility will close on September 10 so that phase one of those repairs and upgrades can begin. The MAC has provided the community with swim lessons, exercise classes, and lap swims since it opened in 1996.
Current MAC memberships will be extended for an amount of time equal to the length of the closure. Members may also use the Alamance County Community YMCA for lap swimming free of charge during this period.
In phase one of the construction, the pool shell will be repaired and replastered, new stainless-steel grates will be installed around the pool, depth markers will be upgraded, and PebbleTec will be installed on the entry ramp to make it less slippery. The pump room will be remodeled and upgraded with a new filter, a new chemical controller, a new water level controller, and a new digital flow meter.
The closure for phase one is expected to be approximately three months, though with ongoing delays common in the construction industry these days, it may take longer. The City will provide updates should there be significant delays.
In phase two of construction, the pool enclosure will be replaced, and several upgrades will be made for ADA compliance. The pool enclosure (the fabric cover that allows for year-round use) is nearing the expecting end of life and there are also some potential structural issues with the enclosure frame that will be fully evaluated during phase one of construction. The renovations for ADA compliance include renovating the administrative counter to meet height requirements and adjusting locker room benches.
The timing for phase two of the repair and upgrades has not yet been determined and will be informed by evaluations made during phase one of construction.
1402 Overbrook Road
Burlington, NC 27215
(336) 222-5043 | Directions
The Maynard Aquatic Center (MAC) is a year-round facility featuring a large heated pool with both recreational and competition areas and a diving board. A walk-in ramp provides easy access and a frog slide offers lots of kiddie fun. During the summer season, the side panels enclosing the pool area are removed, and the pool converts to an outdoor facility with a roof to shield swimmers from the sun.
Learn More About
- Online Reservations & Reservation Policies*
- August Swim Reservation Schedule** (with registration links)
- Lap Swim, Water Walk, H2O Run, Independent Deep Water Exercise
- Reservation Rumble Family Swim
- Water Exercise Classes
- Swim Lessons
- Fees: Entry, membership, passes and more.
- Facility Rentals
*Reservations are required for use of all City of Burlington aquatic facilities.
**Schedules are subject to change.
Reserve Now (no cost to reserve)
Our online reservation system has moved to CivicRec. The CivicRec catalog provides online registration for all activities, classes, leagues and facility rentals offered by Burlington Recreation & Parks - all in one convenient location and easily accessible from any web-connected smartphone or computer.
All users need an account to make a reservation or complete registration. New users of the online system will need to create an account by clicking on the "Log In/Create Account" button. Current users can log in using their email and password. Please note patrons with BRP pass fobs already have an account linked to their email address. Do not create a new account if you have forgotten your password or login. From the login page, you can request a password reset or call (336) 222-5030 or (336) 222-5043 for help.
How to Make a Swim Reservation on CivicRec
- Once your account has been created, log into CivicRec.
- Choose the "Swim Reservations" tab from the catalog and then the swim activity desired.
- Select the day/time/date that you wish to book.
- Select the account members attending and "Add to Cart".
- Close the cart to add additional activities.
- Select "Checkout". Confirm waivers, then confirm the transaction.
- You will be able to view your reservations from your account dashboard.
- To cancel a reservation, call (336) 222-5043.
- DO NOT ADD ANYONE OUTSIDE YOUR HOUSEHOLD TO YOUR ACCOUNT!
- Reservations can be made up to 7 days in advance. No cost to reserve.
- Pay upon arrival. Card payments preferred.
- Cancel by calling (336) 222-5043 if unable to use reservation.
- After 15 minutes without check-in, “no-show” reservations will be internally canceled and opened to others. Call us if you are running late (336) 222-5043.
- Maynard Aquatic Center closes for thunder or lightning. No refunds/rainchecks for weather. Consider canceling if severe weather is likely.
- Learn about and schedule a Party Rental at the Maynard Aquatic Center.
Pool Activities, Schedules and Reservation Links
Lap Swim, Water Walk, H2O Run & Independent Deep Water Exercise (IDWX)
- Lane availability varies. See Swim Reservations for available times.
- One lane per person unless specified as a split or shared lane reservation.
- Children 15 yrs and under must be accompanied in the facility by an Adult 18+ yrs.
- All must have a reservation and remain in the area reserved.
- Lap lane users must be able to swim consecutive laps in water 5 feet deep.
- Limit of two back-to-back 1-hour reservations per person/ per day.
Reservation Rumble Family Swim (RR)
Shallow End (1.5-3.5 ft water depth) with ramp and frog slide.
Diving Well (up to 10 ft.) All users must pass the deep water swim test.
Each person attending must have a reservation. Limit of one Reservation Rumble reservation per person/ per day. Must remain in the area reserved.
If you wish to bring a friend to Reservation Rumble Family Swim, an adult (18+) from that person's household will need to establish their own account, make their own reservations and sign associated waivers for those who will be attending from their household. DO NOT ADD ANYONE OUTSIDE YOUR HOUSEHOLD TO YOUR ACCOUNT!
- Children 15 yrs. & under must be accompanied in the facility by an adult (18+). All must have a reservation.
- At least 1 adult (18+) per 3 children is required. (1 adult per 2 children if any are 5 yrs. and under)
- Ages 5 & under (and any child wearing a safety vest) must have an adult with them in the water within arm's reach. Safety vests are allowed in shallow water only.
- Proper swimsuit required. No street clothes (shorts, denim, undergarments). No cotton.
- Swim diapers are required for children not yet potty-trained. Disposable/cloth diapers not allowed.
- May bring Coast Guard-approved safety vest. No inflatables.
- No glass allowed.
- See all Pool Rules.
City of Burlington 2022 Aquatic Fees
|Fee Type||2-15 yrs||16-54 yrs||55+ yrs|
|Maynard Aquatic Center||$3.00||$5.00||$3.00|
|North Park Pool (seasonal facility)||$1.00||$3.00||$1.00|
|Splash Park (seasonal facility)||Free||Free||Free|
|Water Exercise Class||$5 (13-15 yrs)||$7.00||$5.00|
|Annual Pass (good at all COB Aquatic Facilities)||$100||$180||$100|
|Swim Pass* (good at all COB Aquatic Facilities)|
|Water Exercise Class Pass*|
|10 visits||$40 (13-15 yrs)||$55.00||$40.00|
|25 visits||$90 (13-15 yrs)||$120.00||$90.00|
|North Park Pool Summer Pool Pass|
|Party Rental Fees see Facility Rentals|
|* unused visits expire 1 yr from purchase date|