The Community Police Academy is designed to increase the community's understanding and awareness of the of the Burlington Police Department. Participants will be exposed to many different aspects of law enforcement including the day-to-day operation of the department. Some of the activities participants will experience include:
- agency tour
- emergency management and communications
- patrol operations/ equipment demonstrations
- crime scene investigation @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- criminal investigations
- gang awareness
- K-9 demonstrations
- traffic and DWI enforcement @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Academia Comunitaria Policial de Burlington
Tambièn ofrecemos una academia comunitaria en español. Haga clic aquí para mas informaciòn.
Applications are always being accepted!
The next academy in English begins in the Fall of 2019. You must be able to attend all 11 sessions, which will be held on Tuesday or Thursday evenings from 6:00 to 9:00 p.m. and one Saturday session. The Community Academy is structured to conduct ten classes and an additional evening graduation session to honor participants who complete the academy. Each class will be held at the police department; there will be at least one Saturday session that will be held at the Burlington Police/ Fire Training Center. To participate you must be 18 years of age and you cannot have any prior felony or misdemeanor convictions that question the moral character of the applicant. If you are interested in attending the next academy and can meet these requirements, please fill out the application.
- To build trust through transparency with the citizens of Burlington
- To increase the level of communication between the citizens and employees of the police department
- To provide education and insight to citizens of the community concerning the job functions and duties of a Burlington police officer @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>