Animal Control


Who to contact for animal control concerns in Alamance County:
 Location Agency Contact Animal Ordinances 
Burlington                Burlington Animal Services  (336) 578-1386 or
     City of Burlington Animal Ordinances
Elon Elon Police Department  (336) 584-1301  Town of Elon Animal Ordinances
Gibsonville Gibsonville Police Department  (336) 449-6677  
Graham Graham Police Department  (336) 570-6777  City of Graham Animal Ordinances
Haw River Haw River Police Department  (336) 578-4141  Town of Haw River Ordinances
Mebane Mebane Police Department  (919) 563-9031  City of Mebane Animal Ordinances
All other areas of Alamance County Alamance County Sheriff's Office    (336) 570-6302      

Burlington Animal Control's regular business hours are
Monday-Friday, 8 am to 5 pm. Non-emergency complaints may also be submitted online through the Burlington Connected Program by clicking on the image below.

  Burlington Connected Image

 Changes to Burlington Animal Ordinances that were effective October 2014

Burlington Animal Services' Animal Control is responsible for enforcing laws pertaining to the welfare and control of animals within the city limits of Burlington. Enforcement activities range from investigating and prosecuting animal cruelty and neglect cases, violations of rabies, leash and nuisance laws and investigating potential dangerous dog complaints.        

van and paws 1.jpg