2024 Day Camps
Each Summer Day Camp offers a unique and individual camp experience to participants. Your child will enjoy exciting adventures outdoors, field trips, organized games, and tons more with a caring and responsible staff to lead the way!
- Rising 1st graders* to 12 years old
*Rising first graders must have completed kindergarten AND be 6 years old on or before August 31, 2024. Birth certificates may be requested to verify a child’s age.
- To be eligible for Explorers for Teens Camp: 1) child must be a rising 7th grader AND 2) be 12 years old on or before August 31, 2024 and 3) no older than 14 on or before August 31, 2024.
- Camp Grove Park at Grove Park Elementary School, 141 Trail One, Burlington
- Camp Overbrook at Burlington City Park - Homebuilder's Building, 1435 Overbrook Rd., Burlington
- Camp St. Mark’s at St. Mark's Church, 1230 St. Marks Church Rd., Burlington (Week 4- relocated to another location. Location TBD)
- Camp Fairchild at Fairchild Community Center, 827 S Graham Hopedale Rd, Burlington, NC 27217
- Explorers for Teens at Thataways Youth Center 1331 Overbrook Rd., Burlington
- June 17 - August 16
- Monday to Friday from 7:30 am* - 5:30 pm.
*Grove Park & Fairchild open at 7:00 am
Registration for 2024 Summer Day Camp will begin March 4th at 8:00am - both online and in-person. Spaces are limited and cannot be reserved or guaranteed. If registering in-person, we cannot guarantee a spot due to online registration occurring at the same time.
To register online:
- Visit CivicRec, the online registration portal by clicking here.
- Log in, or create an account if you are a first-time user. Please see “Creating Your BRPD Civic Rec Account” for details on how to set up your account. If you need any assistance with setting up your account, please call (336) 222-5030 or email us. Prior to camp registration day, it is highly recommended that you create your account in CivicRec to expedite the registration process.
- Select the "Camps & Childcare" tab. Search for desired camp and add desired weeks to your cart. You may add multiple children to your cart at one time for a single check-out. Close the cart to continue adding programs or checkout to finish.
- You will receive a receipt immediately after you complete the registration and payment. The receipt will confirm your registration.
Registration can be completed in person with payment at the Burlington Recreation & Parks Main Office located at 1333 Overbrook Rd., Burlington.
What You Need at Registration
- Completed 2024 Summer Camp Registration Form (forms are also available at registration) if registering in-person. If registering online, all forms are electronic and part of the process. When answering the required questions about your camper, please be as thorough as possible to better help our counselors.
- A minimum of 20% deposit* for each week you register for OR payment in full.
*Non-City of Burlington Residents who are paying weekly will be required to pay the $15 difference between City and Non-Resident rates in addition to the 20% deposit on each week needed for summer camp.
- BRPD reserve the right to request birth certificates at any time to verify the age of your camper.
- Proof of address (driver’s license or current utility bill)
Additional Items Due Prior to Start of Camp
- Copy of custody documents (if needed)
- Medication Packets - due no later than May 17, 2024 (if needed)
- If your camper will be bringing medication to camp, please download and complete the Medication Policy Packet & Action Plan.
- Packets may take up to 2 weeks to process if completed correctly and depending on the medication.
- Packets require the signature of a doctor. Packets do not transfer from program to program.
- Campers may not bring medication to camp unless the packet is received and processed.
Paid in Full Camp Fees
If paying in full, the complete "9 Week" fee must be paid at the time of registration & before June 10, 2024. Payments cannot be made towards the pay in full option. No exceptions. There is no enrollment fee or supply fee for the program.
- Burlington City Resident: $700/ 1st Child, $600/Additional Children
- Non-City Resident: $850/ 1st Child, $750/Additional Children
Weekly Camp Fees
For those wishing to pay weekly, you must select all the weeks needed for the summer at the time of registration. You will be set up on a payment plan in which you must pay off all the weeks needed for camp by June 10, 2024. A 20% deposit on each week is required at the time of registration. You can pay on your account at any time for any amount as long as your account balance is paid off by June 10, 2024. Any remaining balance will result in loss of those weeks and the 20% down payment. Beginning June 12th, any unpaid weeks will be available to the public. Weekly payments are on a first come first serve basis. Payments are due before the child can attend camp.
- Burlington City Resident: $85/ 1st Child, $75/Additional Children
- Non-City Resident: $100/ 1st Child, $90/Additional Children*
*Non-City Residents (paying weekly) will be required to pay the $15 difference between City and Non-Resident rates in addition to the 20% down payment on each week needed for summer camp.
There are three payments options for Summer Day Camps
Paid in Full
All 9 weeks of camp are paid in full at the time of registration. There are no refunds or transferrable options.
For those wishing to pay weekly, you will be set up on a payment plan in which you must pay off all the weeks needed for camp by June 10, 2024.There are no refunds or transferrable options.
- A 20% deposit on each week is required at the time of registration.
- You can pay on your account at any time for any amount as long as your account balance is paid off by June 10, 2024. Any remaining balance will result in the loss of those weeks and the payment.
- After June 12th, any unpaid weeks will be available to the public for open enrollment.
- Payments can be made online, in person at the BRPD Main Office, placed in the dropbox after hours. The payment dropbox is located outside the BRPD Main Office for after-hour payments (no cash; check or money orders only).
- Make sure to include the following on your check/money order: driver’s license #, phone #, child's name, camp site, and week.
Those that do not chose to pay in full or the payment plan option can pay on a weekly basis beginning on June 12, 2024. Weekly payments are on a first come first serve basis. Payments are due before the child can attend camp. There are no refunds or transferrable options
Burlington Recreation and Parks reserve the right to cancel a program, including when a program’s minimum enrollment is not met or health and safety guidelines change. In the event of program cancellation, the department will attempt to provide as much advance notice and accommodation as possible. In addition, the department reserves the right to alter schedules, fees and instructors as necessary. In the event the department cancels a program, registration fees are 100% refundable.
There are no refunds or transferrable options.
There are no transferable options once a week has been paid. Unused weeks cannot be transferred to another week or camper. Camp payments cannot be transferred to other Burlington Recreation & Parks programs. No refund will be issued for non-attendance or non-participation in summer camps. Weeks cannot be transferred between siblings or other accounts.
In the event of a suspension/expulsion, refunds will not be given.
We do not hold spots without payment. Campers are not able to attend another camp if their current camp site is full.
Grove Park Elementary School
141 Trail One, Burlington, NC 27215
*Camp may be relocated Week 9*
About: As a partnership with the Alamance-Burlington School System, this camp site includes access to an air-conditioned gym, blacktop, and open field, as well as the cafeteria space for low energy activities.
Burlington City Park - Homebuilder's Building
1435 Overbrook Road, Burlington, NC 27215
About: Camp Overbrook offers an outdoor camp experience featuring the Burlington City Park as its backyard. Campers utilize the Homebuilder's Building as its home base, as well as the Jaycee and Exchange buildings for lunch and indoor activities. The campers have access to Field #1, greenway, and outdoor play areas.
St. Mark's Church
1230 St. Marks Church Road, Burlington, NC 27215
About: As a partnership with St. Mark's Church, campers utilize the youth activity center, atrium, playground, and an open field next to the church.
Fairchild Community Center
827 S Graham Hopedale Rd, Burlington, NC 27217
About: Camp Fairchild includes access to an open gym, multipurpose room, playground, trails and greenspace.
Explorers for Teens Camp
Each camp will participate in a selection of field trips. Week One is our "Get To Know You Week", we do not go on trips during this week in order to get to know the campers before heading out on our adventures. Outdoor trips are weather pending.
Some of the field trips will include:
- Mayco Bigelow Community Center
- Sock Puppets Baseball Game
- Putt-Putt Fun Center
- Swimming at North Park Pool, Maynard Aquatic Center
- Burlington Splash Pad
- Bowling @ Buffaloe Bowl
- Graham Regional Park
- Forest Hills Community Center
- Thataways Youth Center
- And lots more!
We will also have various special guests visit each site such as Painted Grape, Kona Ice and BRPD Park & Play Van!
Calendars will be sent via email prior to the first week of camp and available at each camp site.
*Additional money can be sent for concessions and Kona Ice. A notice will be sent home prior to the activity for those wanting to send additional money. Any money brought to camp must be in an envelope labeled with the camper's name. BPRD is not responsible for any money brought to camp.*
Lunch & Afternoon Snack Information
USDA Summer Food Service Program (SFSP)
2023 Tentative Dates (10 weeks): June 12 - August 18, 2023
Sponsored by ABSS Child Nutrition
2024 Lunch & Afternoon Snack Menu
- June 2024 Menu
- July 2024 Menu
- August 2024 Menu
Sign-up for Notify Me!
Sign up for Notify Me and we will keep you up to date about summer information and registration. Register for Notify Me Notifications to receive phone calls, text messages, and/or emails from any combination of subscription lists from the City of Burlington. You can tailor your topic selection to your interests and select your preferred method of message receipt. Visit www.BurlingtonNC.gov/NotifyMe to subscribe!