Belong In Burlington
Whether you have lived here a lifetime or are new to the neighborhood, Belong in Burlington will help you discover Burlington and love the place you live. You will learn how to have fun, explore and stay healthy in Burlington!This free event is hosted at the Burlington Municipal Building (425 South Lexington Avenue) in downtown Burlington. This is a drop-in event between 6-7:
Belong in Burlington consists of 8 kiosks designed to help you find ways to connect with your community and meet others who live, work and make a difference in Burlington.
You won't leave Belong in Burlington empty-handed. Each new resident will receive a challenge card to help them engage with the community.
Belong in Burlington
October 27, 2021
5:00pm – 6:30pm (time moved up due to sunset)
Patio at the Historic Train Depot
200 S. Main Street
Praise for Belong in Burlington
- “Great program! I really learned a lot.”
- “I recently retired and had been working outside of town. It was a great way to get re-acquainted with the city. A very warm and welcoming event. The childcare was an excellent added incentive for new families to attend. I had a wonderful time…”
- “I think it was a good mix of information. I really liked how you had enough people at each station so that people were greeted as they walked up (even if another person was already talking to someone).”
- “We were very glad we attended. We walked away with the impression that the city of Burlington was being managed by people that are really on top of the jobs they are doing and really want to be as excellent as they can be.”
- “We were very impressed with the event and have nothing to compare it to to offer suggestions for improvement, we met new people, learned about resources in the community, and are looking forward to attending future events. Thank you!"
Belong in Burlington Kiosks:
Find the fun in your new community! There are countless opportunities to have fun right here in Burlington.
Safety and healthfulness are community efforts. Learn how to take steps to protect your family, stay healthy, and be well in Burlington.
- A.C.E. Alerts (Emergency Notification System)
- Alamance Regional Medical Center
- Community Watch
- Downtown and North Park Farmer's Markets
- Health Department | Health Department Brochure
- Healthy Alamance
- Rabies and Microchip Clinic
- Report It
- Safety Seat Checks
- Smoke Alarm Checks / Evacuation Plans
- Social Services
- Alamance County YMCA
Let your children experience interactive play supervised by Burlington Recreation & Park Youth Programming professionals while you experience the Belong in Burlington program.
Burlington Recreation & Parks Department:
• Youth Programs
• Afterschool and Fundays
• Exploration Station
• Summer Camps
• Thataways Youth Center
• Youth Sports
New city, new experiences: there is no better time to learn something new and there are so many options for you to explore.
• Alamance Community College
- Personal Enrichment/Continuing Education
- Degree Programs
- Corporate Education
• Elon University
• Alamance Makers Guild
• May Memorial Library
• North Park Library
• NotifyMe (learn about upcoming events)
There is no better way to become rooted in your city than to invest in your community. Find your niche and unearth the best way for you to make Burlington better.
• Alamance Arts
• Alamance-Burlington School System
• Animal Services Volunteer Outreach
• Burlington Connected
• United Way of Alamance County
• Volunteer Alamance
• Voter Registration