Burlington boasts a high quality of life with many recreational and cultural opportunities for residents and visitors.
- A cost of living that is 16.5% below the national average and an average housing cost 45% below the national average
- Low commute times here in Burlington with easy access for those working in Greensboro or Raleigh-Durham
- A mild climate with both the mountains and the seas in easy reach for those seeking weekend adventures
- Diverse cultural opportunities through our Downtown and City Park Events, the Paramount theater, Elon University, and various community-sponsored events
- A host of outdoor recreation options, 40 miles of "blue way" trail on the Haw River, 3,000 acres of parks and another 3,000 acres of recreational lakes in the area
- Elon University Athletics, Minor League Burlington Sock Puppets, ACC D1 sports and famous ACC Basketball Tournament held nearby, adult and youth sports leagues for all levels of sports fanatics
- Quality health care in Burlington through the Cone Healthcare system and regional access to Duke, UNC, and Wake Forest Hospitals
- Local breweries at Red Oak, Burlington BeerWorks, Forgotten Road Ales, Haw River Ales, and Brightpenny Brewing
- Nearly 300 different eateries and a variety of shopping options at Alamance Crossing, the Holly Hill Mall, and nearby Tanger Outlets
- A variety of quality housing options with new downtown apartments and development throughout the city
- Low construction costs with partners in the city willing to work with you along the way
Learn more in Burlington’s Community Profile and check out Things to Do in Burlington or for County-wide attractions and events go to Visit Alamance.
Burlington proximity to the Triangle and the Triad also allows for residents to access events and amenities in Durham, Chapel Hill, Greensboro and Raleigh.