Walkers and runners can help the Burlington Police Department raise funds for the Special Olympics of North Carolina during our annual Law Enforcement Torch Run event! Each group will travel their designated 6+ mile route leading to W. Harden Street, Graham, where BPD will hand over the torch to Graham PD.
Tuesday, May 23, 2023
8:00am | Walkers (arrive at 7:30am)
8:30am | Runners (arrive at 8:00am)
Meet | Walkers and runners will meet at the Discount Furniture World parking lot 30 minutes prior to their start time.
End | The group will end at W. Harden Street and hand off the torch to Graham Police Department
Important Torch Run Participant Information
- All participants must complete the online registration form, purchase a Torch Run t-shirt, and sign the participant waiver
- All participants start and end at the same locations
- Start at Discount Furniture World (3550 S. Church Street, Burlington)
- Walkers and runners have different routes but will meet at a Break spot before finishing the route together
- Walker route | Church Street > cut through Holly Hill Mall parking lot > Huffman Mill Road to Mebane Street > Chapel Hill Road > W. Harden Street
- Runner route | Church Street > Chapel Hill Road > W. Harden Street
- A relief vehicle will be available for both walkers and runners who need a break
- Hydration stations are available along the routes
- A shuttle is available to bring participants back to their cars at the start location
Register online to participate in the Torch Run as a walker or runner. Everyone must purchase a Torch Run shirt ($20) and sign the participation waiver.
Not ready to run? Your donation can still help us reach our fundraising goal! Donate online today.
For more information, contact Lt. Jeff Kology