How to Attend Meetings
City Council Meetings are regularly* held on the first & third Tuesday of each month at 7:00 PM
City Council Meetings are held the Council Chambers (Suite 202) of the Municipal Building, 425 South Lexington Avenue, Burlington
City Council Work Sessions are regularly* held on the Monday before the first Tuesday of each month at 5:00 PM
City Council Work Sessions are held in the Municipal Conference Room (ground floor) of the Municipal Building, 425 South Lexington Ave, Burlington
All attendees of City Council meetings must past through security screenings before entering the Council Chambers. Please view the list of items prohibited at Council meetings.
July 18, 2022 Special Meeting at 8:15am
Continued to July 19, 2022 at 11:30am
During COVID-19 Pandemic Virtual Meetings:
Meetings may be held remotely pursuant to N.C.G.S. 166A-19.24 and will be noticed to provide access.
To join a live meeting go to Zoom Log-in Information Page.
* Exceptions may be made due to holidays and observances. Meetings will be posted as CANCELLED due to lack of agenda items two business days prior to the date of the meeting.
Watch Live or Recorded Meetings
Spectrum Channel 5
City Council meetings air at 7:00pm Thursdays, 3:30pm on Saturdays and 2:00pm on Mondays in addition to various other times on Local Gov TV (Spectrum Channel 5). Find a program listing at www.localgovtvnc.com
How to make Public Comments during a City Council Meeting
For those who wish to comment during virtual City Council Meetings, you may do so in the following ways:
- By joining the meeting with the provided Zoom link meeting details at http://burlingtonnc.gov/media. During the Public Comment period or the Public Hearing you can use the “raise hand” feature in Zoom. City Staff will unmute you so you may comment.
- By phone dialing the provided Zoom meeting call in details at http://burlingtonnc.goc/media, and press *9 when prompted to comment.
- Written comments may be submitted anytime between the notice of a Public Hearing and 24 hours after the Public Hearing. Email comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Written comments should be labeled Public Comments or Public Hearing in the subject line and include the commenter’s name and address.
- Public Comments for items not on the agenda, can be submitted to email@example.com up to 5pm on the date of each City Council Meeting to be submitted by the City Clerk in the official record.
If anyone is experiencing technical difficulties, please contact our Public Information Specialist at 336-513-5440.
Any person wishing to speak may sign in prior to the beginning of the meeting at a designated area on a form that will include your name, address and purpose for appearing before City Council. City Council will call on you during the public comment period.